Friday, August 04, 2006

Flying with Gman, Bruno

So George, Bruno, and I all flew together to Vegas- the flight had some bumps... we had fun.


--
On the way, TSA ran my bags through the metal detector over, and over, and over.... The TSA dude kept asking me questions like: "Is there anything in here you want to tell me about?", "Do you have anything in here you want to tell me about?", as he rifled through my very dense bag of gizmos...
"Sir, I'll tell you all about everything in the bag, that's a harddrive, those are my housekeys, that's a serial->usb adapter, that's a cigar, etc..."
"No Sir", he said, "Do you have perhaps a pipe in here?"
"Excuse Me?"
"Do you have a pipe for smoking tobacco in here?"
"Um, no sir- I have a cigar and a pack of tobacco..."
"Sir, are you sure you don't have a pipe for smoking tobacco in here?"
- they run my bag through again

Finally, inside my bag, inside my little greeh shoulder-bag, attached to my datacenter id/rfid card pouch, we found the thing that looked like a "pipe for smoking tobacco":



My 'hacker credentials' got me in trouble here. The thing in the pic, is an Axe tie-tack, that I carry on my datacenter lanyard/pouch/id thing.
Go TSA! They really set the tone for Defcon travel here. (I believe they stole the gaffer tape from my check-in luggage too... or forgot to put it in after repacking my bag). The 4 dozen bagels got here safe, so whatever...

All that security, and they still let me on the plane with my 3 year + expired NY state drivers license, (not asking me for my passport...)

Go airline security.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home